Pages

Friday, December 26, 2008

post the first

Happy Holidays! As a present to myself, I have given myself one more blog. You know, because I seem to have all this time on my hands.

This is an idea I've had for a couple of months now. I know it's not going to go exactly as envisioned -- largely because I haven't even managed to read my first chosen book in a week -- but I figure that I might as well try. At least once a week I plan to write here about what I am reading. Preferrably what I have finished reading in the past week. The plan was to read at least one book for fun per week, starting this week... and I guess I have done that. Sort of. More on that later.

I do not promise that I will manage to keep up with my reading. I do not promise I will keep up with my posting. I really, really do not promise that everything I read will be "literary," although some of it will be. I read an awful lot of trash and I intend to have this blog reflect my actual reading as well as it can, including if I only read a portion of a book before dumping it. I got the Nancy Pearl Librarian Action Figure this Christmas and I think I will keep her on my desk to remind me that I only ever need to read the first fifty pages of anything -- and if I don't like it, life's too short to keep reading it. I used to be a book masochist, but no longer.

I do not promise that it will be a book new-to-me every week, either. I do re-read. And if I feel like it, I will re-post about books I've already posted about. This is assuming I can keep this up long enough to actually re-post anything...

So happy Christmas, me. Good luck and good reading.

No comments: